- Entry is open to recognized medical associations, societies, institutions, academies, and other related healthcare organizations located in Latin America (Central and South America), having access to the internet and a valid electronic email address.
- Employees of the sponsor (Galderma S.A.), of Galderma Pharma SA and its affiliates, of participating advertising and promotion agencies, and members of the Expert Panel of CILAD (Colegio Ibero-Latino-Americano de Dermatologia) are not permitted to submit projects for a SKINPACT Awards.
The aforementioned employees will not be eligible neither if they participate through an organisation that they have founded or where they hold a major participation or management position.
- The sponsor (Galderma S.A.) reserves the right to disqualify any applicant or application in good cause; i.e. in case of manipulation of the campaign or violation of laws or Codes.
- Each applicant represents that it has full knowledge of and complies with the legal and professional rules applicable to its activities in the country in which such activity is carried out and guarantees that it does not exercise its activity in a country in which participation in awards such as the one organised herein is prohibited by law.
In this respect, the applicant must verify that the legal provisions of the country in which it carries out its activity do not prohibit participation in the Galderma SKINPACT Awards and where applicable, carry out all necessary formalities with the applicable competent authorities.
The applicant undertakes to guarantee and indemnify the sponsor should they be held liable for the applicant’s failure to comply with applicable legal regulations.
- Registration and Application: Friday, March 4th 2016 – Sunday, July 3rd 2016 – applications will be accepted via the SKINPACT Awards Programme website.
- Expert Panel Review: Monday, July 4th 2016 – Sunday, August 7th 2016 – applications are reviewed by the Expert Panel.
- Community vote: Monday, August 8th 2016 – Sunday, October 2nd 2016 – applications shortlisted by the Expert Panel will be posted on the Galderma SKINPACT Awards Programme website for the community vote.
- Winners notified: October 2016
- Winners announced: Tuesday, October 25th 2016 – Saturday, October 29th 2016 – projects with the most votes and “Jury’s’ Selection” are announced and funding awarded.
To enter / apply
- The entry period for submission of project proposals via the website (www.galdermaskinpact.org) opens at 09:00 GMT+1 on 4 March 2016 and closes at 23:59 UTC-3 on 3 July 2016. Project proposals received after this date will not be accepted.
- Participation shall be exclusively via the online application form accessed via the Galderma SKINPACT Awards website; applications made by email, telephone or post will not be accepted.
- Registration is required in order to gain access to the online application form. Registration information has to reflect the truth. No fee is required. Any costs related to the submission of the Registration are to be borne by the applicants (i.e any costs linked to the preparation of the video, internet connection…).
- There are a total of four awards available of US $10,000, two awards in each category (ei. « Community Leadership » & « Excellence in Education »), two will be chosen by « Jury’s selection » and two by « Community’s choice »The awards may be subject to taxes at varying levels depending on the winner’s country. It is the winner’s responsibility to comply with tax requirements. The Award will be awarded in US dollars. All costs associated with currency exchange are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- All proposals for a SKINPACT award MUST:
- Be voluntary* initiatives that will demonstrate a real benefit to the skin health community
- Be a currently ongoing project or a new project idea ready to start in 2017
- Be implementable by the team proposing the project
- Include quantifiable measures of success
- Include a project leader who is a qualified dermatology health care professional or scientist
*defined as work that is over and above salaried work (i.e. entrant is not paid to do it)
- Application/ project proposals for an award MUST NOT:
- Provide benefit to patients by virtue of a drug/ pharmacological treatment
- Violate any laws or Codes e.g. the applicant must not submit a project idea owned by another party or without the party’s consent
- As this year, the focus region is Latin America, you can submit your project in Spanish, Portuguese or English.
- The organisers reserve the right to make editorial changes to the application before posting it on the programme website.
- Only one application/ project proposal can be submitted per email address. Projects may only be entered once and not submitted into both categories.
- Applicants must own the intellectual property rights and have copyright, or permission to use, any materials (including images and photos) submitted to support their application. Applicants must seek permission from the relevant individual when sharing information about team members as part of their application. Generally the applicant guarantees the sponsor from any claim, action or complaint that may be made, under any form whatsoever, by any third party upon exercise of the authorizations granted within the present terms and more generally under all other guarantees and undertakings provided or made under the present terms and conditions. The applicant guarantees that the sponsor will not be held liable in case of claims made by a third party by fact of a violation of their intellectual property rights, of any nature whatsoever.
- All applications remain the intellectual property of the applicant. Galderma S.A. reserves the right to present those applications to the public using all materials submitted.
By participating to the Galderma SKINPACT Awards each applicant grants to the Sponsor all patrimonial rights on any contribution/material presented in the application form or carried out within the scope of the communication performed by the applicants under point 7 below (“Winning applicants”), including in particular the right to use, reproduce, distribute, represent, modify, adapt, produce any derivatives works, operate or use for non-commercial purposes all contributions in whole or in part in any support (such as in particular the Internet or any mobile storage support) or television or video (terrestrial, cable, satellite or internet, and all magnetic media such as particular VHS tape, DVD, Blu-Ray Disc, HD-DVD). This right is irrevocably granted for no consideration, worldwide, and for a period of five (5) years.
- This applies especially to winning projects and to when Galderma S.A reports on progress of these projects.
Expert Panel Review
- The Expert Panel is a group of internationally renowned expert dermatologists who will shortlist the proposals.
- Each application will be reviewed by several members of the Expert Panel who will rate it against the application criteria (set out inHow am I assessed) and consider the following measures:
- Project potential
- Project idea – planning/thoroughness, originality, feasibility, sustainability
- Community impact
- Value for money
- Likelihood of success
- Applications shortlisted by the Expert Panel will be sent through to the community vote stage.
- Following the community vote, the Expert Panel will also select two projects that they feel deserves special recognition; projects from both categories that have not received the highest number of votes will be considered. These projects, called ‘Jury’s Choice’, will also receive an award.
- Expert Panel members will not be permitted to review applications from organisations with which they are associated.
- The Expert Panel decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The winner will be notified by email or phone. Upon notification, the winner agrees to keep this information strictly confidential until the announcement of the Galderma SKINPACT Awards is made public by the organisers. Galderma S.A. reserves the right to disqualify the application in the event that the winner breaches the confidentiality obligation as set out before.
- The community voting period opens in Monday, August 8th 2016 and closes on Sunday, October 2nd at 23:59 GMT+1. No votes will be accepted after this time.
- Members of the medical community worldwide must register to vote using their email address.
- Members of the medical community are permitted to vote for one project proposal. The sponsor (Galderma S.A.) reserves the right to disqualify any applicant/ application that is suspected of being associated with vote rigging.
- Voting totals will not be shown.
- Applicants are allowed to promote their proposal to the public; however, they should not use illegal or publically inappropriate conduct or methods.
- Winning projects will be announced in October 2016 at the Colegio Ibero-Latino-Americano de Dermatologia (CILAD) Congress, Buenos Aires.
- The sponsor will make every reasonable effort to contact the winning applicant (via email and phone); however, if the applicant does not respond within a two-week period or cannot be reached, then the award will be given to the applicant in the same award category receiving the next highest number of votes from the community.
- All winners will be subject to checks on: eligibility, compliance with Terms and Conditions, accuracy of the information provided in their application, before the funding will be provided. Following successful completion of these checks, the applicant will be awarded the amount in full.
- If one of the winning applicants is found to be not eligible, in breach of the Terms and Conditions, or to have provided inaccurate information in their application, then the award will be given to the applicant receiving the next highest number of votes from the public.
- Winning applicants are required to make reasonable efforts to undertake the proposed project. Applicants are obliged to notify the campaign sponsors if, for any reason, they are no longer able to implement the project. If applicants use the sponsorship award for purposes unrelated to their project they will have to return the relevant funds.
- Winning applicants will be required to provide scheduled updates to the sponsors and organisers and to provide information for posting on the Galderma SKINPACT Awards Programme website to inform the community of progress.
- Winning applicants will be proposed to:
- Undertake appropriate specific media activities in relation to the announcement of their successful application
- Publish a monthly blog with updates on their project
- Share their experience with other delegates during the course of scientific conferences and meetings
By accepting the proposed actions, the team members of the winning project authorise the Sponsor to use their name, surname, country and place of residence, their voice, image of any other representation traits on all supports (such as in particular on posters or brochures, newspapers or magazines), electronic supports (such as in particular the internet or any mobile storage support) or television or video (terrestrial, cable, satellite or internet, and on all magnetic media such as in particular VHS tape, DVD, Blu-Ray Disc HD-DVD) for the purposes of publicity and promotion of the SKINPACT Awards and this for a period of five (5) years and for no consideration.
The Sponsor shall not use the personality traits of the team members of the wining project for commercial purposes and in particular to promote, directly or indirectly, dermatological products manufactured and marketed by it.
- Winning applicants may object thereto by stipulating this in writing within fifteen days (15) from the date of its announcement of the award to the following address: Galderma S.A., Avenue Gratta-Paille 2, CH – 1018 Lausanne, Switzerland. By sending in the application each applicant accepts the processes as described in these Terms and Conditions.
- Personal data collected from the application form is mandatory. If the candidate fails to complete the required fields on the application form the Organisers will reject the application.
- This data is for use by the Organisers, for the sole purposes of participation in the Competition, management of winners, attribution of the Award and to meet legal and regulatory requirements. It may be communicated to service providers and sub-contractors to carry out any work on its behalf within the scope of the Competition.
- It shall be stored for five (5) years for the purposes of the Competition and shall not be used for the purposes of commercial marketing. It shall not be sold, exchanged, or assigned to third parties in any way whatsoever.
- At voting stage, the voter’s email address is required for verification purposes. No further contact will be made without consent through opt in/ out functions. Contact details will not be distributed to third parties.
- Upon prior request, organisations submitting entries can claim for their file to be returned or to have access to their data.
Limitation of liability
The sponsor is Galderma S.A., Avenue Gratta-Paille 2, CH – 1018 Lausanne, Switzerland. www.galderma.com
- reserves the right to modify the programme or terms and conditions in particular if this should be deemed necessary with regard to applicable legal provisions and/or professional regulations where applicable, or to end the programme before the official closing date. Any change will be posted on the website (www.galdermaskinpact.org). The amendment shall take effect from the date of publication on-line and all applicants shall be deemed to have accepted such amendment by fact of taking part in the Galderma SKINPACT Awards, with effect from the date at which the modification becomes applicable. Any applicant refusing to accept said modifications shall cease to take part in the programme
- will not be responsible for entries that are lost or corrupted or fail to be submitted for any reason, including electronic or human error
- will not be responsible for any losses, damages or liability of any kind experienced by the applicant, associated third party or organisation as a result of submitting an application or winning a sponsorship award
- reserves the right to withdraw the award if the checks (outlined in “Winning Applicants” part 3 & 4.) are not met successfully.
The Awards are given without warranty of any kind from Galderma SA, express or implied, without limitation, except where this would be contrary to federal, state, provincial, or local laws or regulations.
To the extent permitted by law, entrants agree to hold Galderma S.A., its subsidiaries, agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives and assigns harmless from any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Galderma SKINPACT Awards and/or use or acceptance of any SKINPACT Award awarded, except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of Galderma S.A.
The rules and administration of the Galderma SKINPACT Awards will be governed by the laws of Switzerland.
NO RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL OR OTHER PROCEDURES: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in regard to the judgment of the jury for the Galderma SKINPACT Awards are hereby excluded, and any participant expressly waives any and all such rights.